I live, teach Maths, and bake bread in
Birmingham, UK. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I've worked for 30+ years in post-compulsory and adult education. I
have experience in staff development, teacher training and curriculum
design in addition to teaching maths at a variety of levels. I have
written course materials working with an editor and a multimedia team.
I'm currently working as a classroom assistant which is proving to be
very interesting - a different skill set from class teaching.
GCSE Maths materials [pdf]
- Shape facts slides
- Angle facts, vocabulary and conventions. Each fact illustrated on
one slide. Polygons, regular and irregular, including quadrilaterals and
triangles. Parallel lines and all. Can be printed 16 up on A3 as
flashcards or printed A3 per slide as posters.
- Probability Rules
- GCSE Foundation maths notes on probability. Includes probability
formula, scale and vocabulary, OR rule, AND rule, possibility space
diagrams, tree diagrams and two way tables. A few pages on set notation
and Venn diagrams. For students who like reading and for me to clarify
my Probability story so I can write a problem set.
- 200 pages of GCSE Maths questions
- Just in case they come in useful. Mostly Foundation tier and written
to the English national curriculum. Many don't have answers or
- Number topic guide
- Explains the vocabulary and methods (both visual and symbolic) used
in GCSE foundation tier maths. I've tried to make the layout as clear as
possible for students with moderate dyslexia. Seems to work better for
- Maths place mats
- These are designed to be printed at A3. They work greyscale but look
more engaging in colour. Each place mat has 16 questions. Some are one
topic and some are mixed.
- Probability Words
- Just two sides with minimal vocabulary for foundation probability.
The words students will see in revision guides and on videos.
- GNU Nano quick guide [pdf]
- A one side guide to some of the extended commands in the
nano editor. I just used
the help mode commands (the ones at the bottom of the screen) for years
before I discovered
^G and the
man pages. The
short cut guide covers similar material. Nano gets the job
- 52:48 [pdf]
- A pictorial representation of a strangely topical ratio.
- NinjaWords dictionary
- Fast, no ads, short definitions, often with example usage.
- Graph plotter
- Nice algebra entry. Good for demonstrating effect of changes in coefficients.
Last modified 2023-05-31